• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DoZ Results In one week, holy crap!

#1 User is offline   Wervyn 

• I can see you
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

Posted Image
These were announced in #mzx earlier this evening, but here it is now.

1. Reconquista+Escalation by 妹陵辱 ~お兄ちゃん信じてたのに~ (Lancer-X) (1679 / 2000 points)
2. Welty Wickleson, Harbinger of Truth by Probably Won't Submit (Quasar84, Tixus) (1524 / 2000 points)
3. Achtung! by Team MAX FORCE (Maxim) (1352 / 2000 points)
4. Risa by Sparkling Bishojou Super Mecha Soldiers in "Let's Make Another Lame Metroid Ripoff" (kuroneko) (1348 / 2000 points)
5. News First! by Team Runnin'-On-Empty (wildweasel) (1318 / 2000 points)
6. Automobile Conspiracy by Riding with Hitler (GreaseMonkey) (1251 / 2000 points)
7. Paranoid Heavens by Will he actually submit an entry!? Find out SOON! (Goshi) (1162 / 2000 points)
8. California Rookie by Team Laser Explosion (nooodl) (1057 / 2000 points)
9. Jack Flaps, News Reporter by Ironic Team Name (CJA, Kom, Malwyn) (901 / 2000 points)
10. Night's Journey by Redemption (mzxrules) (567 / 2000 points) (810 - 30% penalty)
11. Untitled, Unfinished by 1 Small Hand Tossed, Extra Chicken, Anchovies, BBQ Sauce (Insidious) (468 / 2000 points)

DQ. Revenge of the Toaster by logicow (988 / 2000 points)

I'd like to give everyone who participated my heartfelt congratulations and thanks for making this a great DoZ. Even logicow, if he ever decides to stop being petulant about being disqualified (two counts: failure to follow theme, and failure to run in MZX 2.82b). I was very impressed with the results, and I hope next time will be even better.

You can find the individual scoresheets here, in the order they were completed.:

Later, once I've had time to polish it to my liking, I'll post the complete Spreadsheet Of Doom which contains all sorts of wonderful things like individual game scorecards and judging metrics and complete, compiled comments for all the games.

I'd really like to give a special thanks to all my judges for buckling down and getting the scores turned around in a week, and doing it well. I felt KKairos in particular was our best novice judge, with both excellent speed and well balanced scores, but MZXGiant and pyro also did great jobs. Hopefully we can make this a trend as well.

Finally, if you haven't played these games yet, go do so. About 2/3rds to 3/4ths of them are well worth a look.

"Time to get started on next year."
To lie is to change the truth.
..Ignorance is to be unaware of the truth.
....Incompetence is to be unable to grasp the truth.
......And escape is to run away from the truth.
It is useless to run, since the truth is right next to you.

-Wervyn

#2 User is offline   weasel 

• bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

Actually a pretty good competition this year, the judges were well selected and the scoresheets were actually worth reading, if only to see each judge's wildly differing opinions over what makes a good game.
Blaugh!
Serious damage to important body parts pretty much ruins any plans you had for living. Bummer.

#3 User is offline   Goshi 

• I'm dreadful of DRAGON.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:01 AM

Judges did a great job this year! All of them are worth reading and scores seem to be scaled just right. I can't seem to view MZXGiant's though since I don't have Excel (And OpenOffice Calc doesn't seem to like it either >_>)

#4 User is offline   weasel 

• bleh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:56 AM

View PostGoshi, on Jul 5 2009, 08:01 PM, said:

Judges did a great job this year! All of them are worth reading and scores seem to be scaled just right. I can't seem to view MZXGiant's though since I don't have Excel (And OpenOffice Calc doesn't seem to like it either >_>)

Worked for me on OpenOffice 3.0. You might note that each game is represented as a separate tab in the document.
Blaugh!
Serious damage to important body parts pretty much ruins any plans you had for living. Bummer.

#5 User is offline   Goshi 

• I'm dreadful of DRAGON.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:30 AM

View Postweasel, on Jul 6 2009, 01:56 PM, said:

Worked for me on OpenOffice 3.0. You might note that each game is represented as a separate tab in the document.

Guess I need to update then (Using 2.4 @_@)

#6 User is offline   Exophase 

• Laughing on the inside.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

Wow, it was weasel who did News First!? I enjoyed the writing in that one.
~ ex0 has a kickass battle engine, without it you sux0rz! without it you sux0rz! ~

"The fact that I say I've one of the best, is called honesty." -Akwende
"Megazeux is not ment to be just ASCII, it is ANSI!" - T-bone6
"I hate it when you get all exo on me." - emalkay

Exophase can what Rubi-cant.
exoware is ware ur ware is exoware
ps. not loking 4 new membrs kthx

#7 User is offline   nooodl 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

FUCK, you could pick News Reporters/Heavy. I thought it was News Reporters/Light OR Paranoia/Heavy. I can't reaaaad D:

Well, at least something I learned: play through the _entire_ game when it's finished, don't test boards separately. Congratulations to Lancer-X, and thanks for the great DoZ to everyone else! (EDIT: And the judges of coarse, for getting it all done in a week this time around. Thank you!)

This post has been edited by nooodl: 06 July 2009 - 07:57 AM

#8 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

View Postnooodl, on Jul 6 2009, 05:56 PM, said:

Well, at least something I learned: play through the _entire_ game when it's finished, don't test boards separately.

Yeah, while that would have been nice, I didn't end up having nearly enough time to do that at the end =P Next best thing: play through the game, making use of F11 to 'debug' your way to the end. Just trying to test as much as possible in a limited amount of time.
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users